Found Internal laptop Microphone Fix :)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
parasail

Found Internal laptop Microphone Fix :)

Post by parasail »

woo hoo I was surfing the net for days lol yes you read that corectly days and i came upon a forum in another distro i dont know if i can name that distro in here so for now i will not.But!! they had found a fix for the typical linux microphone problem. You go to your synatics package manager enter in the search bar there... Gamix (Graphical soundmixer) which is ALSA based .anyways it resembles a better graph type synthisier with sliding bars where you will find alot of settings for your sounds including the Microphone! i hope this helps so many people who love linux but have no microphone or are unable to use thier mic while in skype.good luck :D :lol:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pvossen
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Found Internal laptop Microphone Fix :)

Post by pvossen »

I have had issues with microphone recording throughout my Linux involvement. However, I will never
go back to Windows. I just recently had Linux Mint Debian Mate on one computer and Mageia 2 ( a Mandriva variant on another. ) I have basically used Linux Mint in some form and a Mandriva variant for years. I finally just for simplicity's sake cleared both and installed Linux Mint Maya Cinnamon on both machines. Everything works! No issues at all. I just want to have it work, amen. So far very good.

Never could get Linux Mint Debian to give to record through Audacity or Gnome Sound Recorder well at all. On either machine ( a Dell or HP ). Never quite figured it out.

Return to “Sound”