Alsamixer volume control applet crashing

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fido

Alsamixer volume control applet crashing

Post by Fido »

Hello all,

I apologise if this has been posted already but my volume control applet has two problems:

1. When I mute then unmute it does not unmute properly and I have to unmute via pulseaudio.

2. (The Big One) The volume control applet on MATE keeps crashing. Not randomly though. Usually whenever I start/stop audio. For example play a song in vlc . . . crash. Stop a song crash, etc. . . The sound still works it is just annoying to have it crashing so often.

Can anyone help with problem (1) or (2) ?

Thanks!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gari126

Re: Alsamixer volume control applet crashing

Post by gari126 »

Hi,
I had the same problem running MATE desktop on a Linux Mint Debian Edition (201204) ...
"Volume up" action was not able to unmute the volume
I realised that the problem was with Pulse audio but the package mate-media-gstreamer and mate-settings-deamon-gstreamer where installed by default ...
I installed instead the mate-media-pulse and mate-settings-deamon-pulse (that unisntal mate-media-gstreamer and mate-settings-deamon-gstreamer) and tadam ... "Volume up" action was able to unmute the volume again !
I hope this will also work for you !

Return to “Sound”