Unable to play Blu-Ray media

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JC Denton

Unable to play Blu-Ray media

Post by JC Denton »

Greetings, everyone. Not so long ago I switched from Ubuntu 10.10 to Mint 13 and recently I've ran into a problem with playing blu-ray rips. When I still used Ubuntu I could just open the movie folder (which contains "BDMV" and "CERTIFICATE" subfolders) with VLC, but this is not the case with Mint 13. Instead a window with "No suitable decoder module: VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this." messages pops up. The way I get it, codecs necessary to decode the media are missing. Can anyone, please, tell me what codecs are needed exactly, or how can I obtain information necessary to solve this issue? Thank you in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: Unable to play Blu-Ray media

Post by cwsnyder »

Did you just install VLC from the repositories, or did you install the VideoLan PPA?

To install the VideoLan PPA:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:videolan/stable-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc vlc-plugin-pulse mozilla-plugin-vlc
JC Denton

Re: Unable to play Blu-Ray media

Post by JC Denton »

Thank you for your reply. VLC was pre-installed in Mint. Unfortunately, your solution didn't work - I'm still getting the same error messages. May be, you have some other ideas?

Return to “Sound”