mp3 disks problem?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marty510
Level 3
Level 3

mp3 disks problem?

Post by marty510 »

When I make mp3 disks, I can only play one song/track at a time. What's the deal? I'm not knocking LINUX for this yet, but how do I get the mp3 disk do play consecutively....song after song without going back and forth to play the next track? I'd like to be able to. Maybe a setting somewhere? Or maybe windows has one up on LINUX in this department, I don't know. BTW, it seems to work this way with all the usual music players. Bashee, Amarok, and Rhythmbox seem like the easiest for me to use, so that's what I have installed. Tried the rest, don't really care for them.

marty
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: mp3 disks problem?

Post by grimdestripador »

your description is confusing. I am unable to diagnose what exactally what you are doing.
When I make mp3 disks, I can only play one song/track at a time
Are you trying to play two songs at the same time while burning a cd?
Bashee, Amarok, and Rhythmbox seem like the easiest for me to use, so that's what I have installed. Tried the rest, don't really care for them.
Yes, and you can create a play list rather than click the files individually. You may have to drag the files you want on to your music player.
I like Amarok. Many windows users prefer XMMS. I like that too. It works even if you don't know how to get W32 codecs working.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Post by grimdestripador »

After thinking. I'm now assume you are trying to create a playlist from mp3 files stored on a CD. I have never had a problem with this. I am doing it right now. Tell me, what happends after it plays the first song. Does it try to play the second file, and skip through them quickly? Does it just stop. If it just stops, try to listen to another song in the playlist, and see if it then proceedes to the next. If it skips though quickly, a screenshot might be helpful.
marty510
Level 3
Level 3

Post by marty510 »

I'm trying to listen to a whole disk full of separate tracks. It's about 8hrs long. It just stops completely after one song/speech. That's about it. I need to make a "playlist" to listen to the whole thing, one after the other?

marty
foxpoint11
Level 1
Level 1

Post by foxpoint11 »

I too am not sure what your problem is but this is just guess.......................................
When you burn a mp3 disk do not burn it as a music disk,burn it as a storage disk.
Put your mp3`s in folders and drag the folders to Gnome Baker as a storage disk and burn the disk.
If you have new stereo that plays mp3s and CD`s you should have no problem.Your stereo in your home or in your car
should recognize each folder in sequence and then play each song in each folder.
I usually put 7 to 9 albums/folders on each CD.
Remember CDs play from the centre to the edge,not like a record that plays edge to centre,so put them
in reverse order to play in sequence.
If you are talking about playing on your computer,just put the disk in your CD tray and close,it should
bring up the disk on your desktop,open disk and drag each folder to your favourite MP3 player.You may not
have to do this if your player says "play CD".
Good luck

Return to “Sound”