[SOLVED] Where is my iPod Touch mounted under Nadia?

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

[SOLVED] Where is my iPod Touch mounted under Nadia?

Postby patrick.mooney on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Hello,

I've recently moved back to Linux Mint (Nadia, MATE) after trying Ubuntu for a while. One thing I can't figure out is what the "real" mount point is for my iPod touch (the last.fm software needs a filesystem mountpoint, not an afc:// address). Under previous releases, I could find that mountpoint under ~/.gvfs, but this doesn't seem to be the case any more. I also notice that I can't find my iPod with gParted, so I can't mount it manually.

I tried installing ifuse, which I dimly remember was helpful in a previous release, but this hasn't solved the problem.

Any help is much appreciated!
Last edited by patrick.mooney on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current setup: Sony VAIO VGN-FZ250E, 2GB RAM, Intel Core Duo, 2.2GHz; Linux Mint Nadia
http://patrickbrianmooney.nfshost.com/~patrick/
patrick.mooney
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Where is my iPod Touch mounted under Nadia?

Postby altair4 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:29 am

I don't know the answer to your question concerning the iPod specifically but the normal gvfs mount point has moved from:

$HOME/.gvfs to /run/user/$USER/gvfs

I'm kind of surprised it doesn't mount where all the other storage devices are mounted which has also moved from:

/media/LABEL to /media/$USER/LABEL
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
altair4
Level 16
Level 16

Postby patrick.mooney on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Hmmm. That doesn't seem to be it (although it's good to know that the gvfs mount point has changed -- and I'd wondered about the different behavior under /media). Thank you, though. I do appreciate the help.

Anyone else have suggestions? I'd be very grateful.
Current setup: Sony VAIO VGN-FZ250E, 2GB RAM, Intel Core Duo, 2.2GHz; Linux Mint Nadia
patrick.mooney
Level 1
Level 1

Postby patrick.mooney on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Whoops. That does work -- I just needed to make sure that the iPod was actually mounted by clicking on it in the Caja file manager. Once I do that, I can find it under /run/user/patrick/gvfs/afc:host=9be03ac2be9b58018eb84f98a815b3165a6495cc.

Many thanks! I'll mark the thread solved.
patrick.mooney
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs