Batch check of the collection's audio quality

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Welblaud

Batch check of the collection's audio quality

Post by Welblaud »

Hi,
I am inspired with my recent great experiences with cleaning my music collection after having it on Mac for a few weeks (oh, such a garbage of .DS_store files everywhere!).

Now I am trying to get it to a higher level. I am fond of flac and quodlibet and now I wish I had a pipe, script or just an app for checking and listing audio files' information (have mixed collection of flac, mp3, ogg, alac and aiff files!). Simply I don't know where my quality starts and where it ends (wish to try playing of 24 bit things as an audiophile). Don't know what to re-rip... :roll: and what is my best part.

So the task could be: find bitrate, cat that and that and sort it

Any idea welcomed!

Welblaud
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Batch check of the collection's audio quality

Post by Flemur »

First you might want to check http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/ (&forums) to see what really constitutes "audio quality".
(wish to try playing of 24 bit things as an audiophile)
"Unfortunately, there is no point to distributing music in 24-bit/192kHz format. Its playback fidelity is slightly inferior to 16/44.1 or 16/48, and it takes up 6 times the space."
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

Return to “Sound”