Brasero trying to converting MP4 to MP2 using Mint 13

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cicero01

Brasero trying to converting MP4 to MP2 using Mint 13

Post by cicero01 »

I decided to create a DVD using Brasero which is pre-installed and it seemed straightforward until I asked it to burn the files (MP4) to DVD.

It then downloaded some additional stuff off the net (although I'm not sure for what reason) and then said it was going to convert the MP4 files to MP2!

I assume this is because it can't handle MP4 but anyway after about ten minutes it had done 6MiB out of 3000 MiB and although apparently still working this number didn't change. I finally cancelled the process after another 20 minutes during which time nothing had moved on.

Can anyone suggest another package that will produce a DVD from my MP4 files (other than Windows 7 on the wife's laptop which seems to deal with MP4 files OK?

Have just moved all the MP4 files from a USB stick to Mint and don't want to have to move them back again!

Cheers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Brasero trying to converting MP4 to MP2 using Mint 13

Post by Flemur »

Brasero is awful.

"k3b" is the best linux DVD writer; there're others like "xfburn".
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
cicero01

Re: Brasero trying to converting MP4 to MP2 using Mint 13

Post by cicero01 »

Flemur wrote:Brasero is awful.

"k3b" is the best linux DVD writer; there're others like "xfburn".
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try k3b and or xfburn as you suggest.

Cheers.

Return to “Sound”