Flash problems on Elyssa revision 1

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spas87

Flash problems on Elyssa revision 1

Post by spas87 »

I've just instaled the Linux Mint 5 revision 1 and it seems that the flash does not work I cant watch things from youtube any suggestions it is weird because i got a Elyssa beta 042 before that and it was working ok (despite few crashes of Firefox)
please any suggestions how to fix that.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Flash problems on Elyssa revision 1

Post by Husse »

The thing is we made a change to get it working and without crashes - don't remember what though except that flash is run in a wrapper so it does not take down FF in a crash
Is it only Youtube?
Youtube is a problem with flash

Post by Guest »

It's not only Youtube I've installed Mint from Rev1 CD and can't see any flash content, only a gray box. videojug.com, speedtest.net all broken.

Btw, Mint is the best distro ever 8)

Post by Guest »

Oh, forgot to add something important, flash works just fine on Opera 9.5. Looks like this is a Firefox problem.

Post by Guest »

Me again :D
Flash works after reverting back to version 9. Version 10 beta apparently has problems with FF3
funky_uncle

Post by funky_uncle »

Guest wrote:Me again :D
Flash works after reverting back to version 9. Version 10 beta apparently has problems with FF3
But how do I go about reverting to version 9? If I remember correctly, Mint came complete with FF3 and Flashplayer 10. I don't find v. 9 in the Package Manager though.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Version 10 beta apparently has problems with FF3
Which should be solved in the final version.
I can't remember what was done more than running flash in a "wrapper" so it does not bring down FF in a crash
spas87

Post by spas87 »

Husse wrote:
Version 10 beta apparently has problems with FF3
Which should be solved in the final version.
I can't remember what was done more than running flash in a "wrapper" so it does not bring down FF in a crash

well sorry or the trouble but it seems to work fine now after 2 restarts don't know the reason but it was not working at all before that like in any site but it is perfect now and it does not crashes like in beta version

Return to “Sound”