USB 2.0 Headset w/ VoiP

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

USB 2.0 Headset w/ VoiP

Postby grombor on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:18 pm

I am having difficulties getting my usb 2.0 headset working with all my multimedia apps and I cannot figure out why. I was able to get it to run in rythmbox but I cannot get it to work in anything else. It would be very nice to be able to watch DvD's Etc.... I have it plugged into the front of my computer in the second usb port. I'm assuming that it's just something that's probably easy and straightfoward, but I don't know how to set my programs to use just this one device. I have built in Intel Sound, but I don't use it since my speakers fried. I did see the resource at the top of the board, but I don't have time to check it out fully at this moment, and I'll check it out further when I get back from work. Just hoping for some suggestions in the meantime. Thanks. :)
And from the Gods we've stolen pi
Two times again our radii
The glyphs of men and mice we read
The darkness in our souls stampede

Ut Consumptus Animus
grombor
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: USB 2.0 Headset w/ VoiP

Postby Husse on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:55 pm

I always thought that if you choose the right sound source USB headsets just work - obviously not, this is the third post today I believe ...
The thing to do is check every setting for sound so that it points to USB
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: USB 2.0 Headset w/ VoiP

Postby EchoLynx on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 am

I have had problems with a C-Media USB headset for ages, and eventually gave up on it. (I still have it though.) It had a built in soundcard that for some reason didn't seem compatible with linux (though it worked flawlessly with any windows machine, which makes sense as it came with RosettaStone- which is windows-only as far as I know). So that may or may not be true...

EchoLynx
Saturday August 9th, 2008: Acquired Technician-class Amateur Radio License. Assigned call KB3ROH.
February (?) 2010: Acquired General-class Amateur Radio License.
EchoLynx
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs