Missing sound input in Mint 15

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sddfdds

Missing sound input in Mint 15

Post by sddfdds »

So I did a fresh install of 15 today, having been on 14 previously, and in my sound settings, there is no longer any input for my sound card. There are listings for the inputs of a usb webcam I have as well as a tv tuner card, but the built in microphone on the sound card does not seem to exist. I have an ALC880 which had been notoriously finicky in general, and to get it to work at all i need 'options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1 model=3stack' in order for sound to work at all. Everything did work fine in 14 though, so is there a way to figure out what changed and possibly be able to use my microphone again?

Edit: the inputs do exist in alsamixer, I probably should have checked that, so there is mic functionality...but still, it doesnt exist in the input tab of the sound control panel and theres no configurability.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lysana

Re: Missing sound input in Mint 15

Post by lysana »

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm running into this with Mint 15 as well,
deathxxx

Re: Missing sound input in Mint 15

Post by deathxxx »

I dont have input for microphone too. Linux Mint 15 64bit.
Mic is in alsamixer and unmuted. I dont find solution for years. In Windows, all is working good.
My sound are Auzen Prelude 7.1 witch is creative X-fi chip.

Return to “Sound”