Flash facebook games

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Flash facebook games

Postby macfflei on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi all, My adobe flash is driving me nuts on my linux mint 14 mate 64 bit. I have the latest flash installed, everything works great, works on every website, however it will not play facebook games, facebook tells me to update my flash player, I have tried everything. I have the same problem on another laptop running Ubuntu 12.. Is it the case that facebook and linux are incompatible. I know i clould probably play it through wine but that is not tackling the problem. I'm trying to move away from windows but my wife has to have her candy crush!
Help!
macfflei
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Flash facebook games

Postby daveinuk on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm not sure if this was exactly the same as I came across a short while ago but I ended up going into synaptic and uninstalling mint-flash-plugin-11 (or however it was termed) and installing the adobe-flash-plugin. Might be worth a try as you can always uninstall that and reinstall the original if it doesn't have the desired effect.

HTH
Lenovo ThinkPad T61 LM16-64 bit Intel T7500/2.2GHz/Cinammon 1.8 Intel GM965. Toshiba Satellite M70: LM16-32bit. Desktop:LM13 Maya 64 bit, on new Intel 3.2ghz proc/asus MB/8gb RAM
daveinuk
Level 5
Level 5

Postby macfflei on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:53 pm

daveinuk wrote:I'm not sure if this was exactly the same as I came across a short while ago but I ended up going into synaptic and uninstalling mint-flash-plugin-11 (or however it was termed) and installing the adobe-flash-plugin. Might be worth a try as you can always uninstall that and reinstall the original if it doesn't have the desired effect.

HTH

Tried the above, no luck, thanks. I'm still pulling my hair out.
macfflei
Level 1
Level 1

Postby soldier1st on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:01 pm

macfflei wrote:
daveinuk wrote:I'm not sure if this was exactly the same as I came across a short while ago but I ended up going into synaptic and uninstalling mint-flash-plugin-11 (or however it was termed) and installing the adobe-flash-plugin. Might be worth a try as you can always uninstall that and reinstall the original if it doesn't have the desired effect.

HTH

Tried the above, no luck, thanks. I'm still pulling my hair out.

Try installing Google Chrome as it has a newer flash than what comes with mint.
soldier1st
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs