VLC and how to internet

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sacredsage

VLC and how to internet

Post by sacredsage »

Hi people

Peace

I was searching to get the vlc set up so I can listen to an
internet radio show can someone please offer how to do this
I have tried what I remember from the evil windows day BUT
I would prefer some kind assistance Thanks very much 8)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
darknetmatrix
Level 3
Level 3

Re: VLC and how to internet

Post by darknetmatrix »

On the VLC Media Player main screen, click the View menu tab. From the list of options, click Playlist. After doing this you should now see the playlist screen.
In the left pane, double-click the Internet menu to see other options.
Click on the IceCast Radio Directory feature. Wait a few moments for the list of available streams to be displayed in the main pane.
Look down the list of stations to see one that you'd like to listen to. Alternatively, if you're searching for something specific, you can use the search box located in the top right-hand corner of the screen. This acts as a filter so you can either type in the name of a radio station, or a genre for example in order to see relevant results.
To start streaming an Internet radio station in the list, simply double-click an entry to connect. To choose another radio stream, just click on another in the IceCast directory list. Any stations you want to bookmark can be tagged in VLC Media Player by right-clicking the station in the main pane and selecting Add To Playlist from the pop-up menu. You'll find any stations you have tagged located in the Playlists menu (left pane).
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

Return to “Sound”