How do I set up JACK?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
doctorshotgun42

How do I set up JACK?

Post by doctorshotgun42 »

I've been trying to set up a small home studio (simple mixing and recording for me and my band, nothing special) and my attempts to work with JACK have met with miserable faliure. I need to be able to run TuxGuitar, Ardour, Hydrogen, and possibly Rosegarden without losing the sound from all the other programs I use (Banshee, Firefox, etc.). I also need to be able to network Rosegarden and Hydrogen into Ardour so that everything records smoothly.

My first goal was to run TuxGuitar (Which I use for songwriting) with the fluidsynth patch (So I can use decent .sf2 files). I installed jack and connected the fluidsynth to the output. This caused TuxGuitar to output sound but disabled the sound coming from everything else in the machine. How to I connect/bypass PulseAudio with JACK?

I am by no means technically challenged. I taught myself how to program in a week and I can find my way around linux as well as the next guy but... HELP!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
audiolover

Re: How do I set up JACK?

Post by audiolover »

My question is similar so I will follow this topic.

I want to use jack as the default instead of alsa.

Return to “Sound”