xbox 360 live vision camera (not kinect) and ps3 media serve

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

xbox 360 live vision camera (not kinect) and ps3 media serve

Postby chilliechompar on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:36 pm

does anyone know how to connect a live vision camera for a xbox 360 to linux mint i just cant find a answer and can also some pleez tell me how to get the ps3 media server working it used work on ubuntu when i had that installed but recently changed to mint these issues would be gratefully appreciated by me for any means of help im at my wits end the ps3 media server and the camera these things are doing my head right in been on this for 3days solid (the net) looking for an answer to these 2 questions please help
chilliechompar
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: xbox 360 live vision camera (not kinect) and ps3 media s

Postby chilliechompar on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am

well done myself i installed cheese and it now takes pictures but not video using my camera so much for folk on forums whata load of rubbish
chilliechompar
Level 1
Level 1

Postby chilliechompar on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:35 am

i fixed my camera and built in mic i truly wanted it and i never gave up till i got it done now i can post videos to you tube heres how i did it i plugged in my xbox live vision camera to my laptop opened tools on vlc media player opened the captuire device setting and selected video 2 linux and the stream popped up then to get my built in microphone to work i had to goto the pulse audio manager but it wasnt showing up on the menu settings but i found a terminal input command and i copied and pasted it and after some tinkering about i finally got 2 be able to talkand record my voice using my built in mic and record from my xbox live vision camera and i did it myself so much for forums and people there are some decent people on the forums i been checking and there are some good folk but no one helped me i did it myself now all i need to do is fix the streaming to my xbox 360 and the ps3 media server just isnt working but al find a way like i did before for my built in mic and xbox live vision camera lol
chilliechompar
Level 1
Level 1

Postby chilliechompar on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:34 pm

lol well done myself again finally got my xbox live vision camera workin plus my nuilt in mic aswell plus my xbox controller and finally got media sharing set up aswell using xbmc now thats what you call dedication to the JOB
chilliechompar
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs