No HMDI video output on Mint16 dual boot

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JoshLemer

No HMDI video output on Mint16 dual boot

Post by JoshLemer »

I just upgraded from mint 15 (dual boot with windows 8 ) on my Lenovo y410p laptop and now both Mint and WIndows don't detect my HDMI port.

The VGA cable and the laptop screen itself work fine in both, but both operating systems don't react when I insert the HDMI.

I tried to follow a guide to installing graphics card drivers, but when I open the "Driver Manager", a greyed out screen comes up saying "No proprietary drivers are in use.", and two greyed out buttons, "Revert", and "Apply Changes". So I can't install anything I guess. I was trying to follow this guide: http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1484

Thanks in advance for the help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jintawk

Re: No HMDI video output on Mint16 dual boot

Post by jintawk »

If the hardware doesn't work at all in Windows and Mint, the problem is hardware based.

Drivers only effect the operating system they are on.

Try a different cable? Or different port if you have one?
skepticology

Re: No HMDI video output on Mint16 dual boot

Post by skepticology »

You also might try to download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website. They should have linux driver/instructions but will certainly have updated Windows drivers.

Return to “Sound”