poor video resolution

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

poor video resolution

Postby nik0ns on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:03 am

hello...
i just finish installed linux mint to my system..but ive problem with video resolution..
im using 22' monitor with ATI radeon 3870, and i install the ATI driver using Envy...do i need to install the driver with other method in order to get an excellent video resolution?? :?:
nik0ns
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: poor video resolution

Postby mmesantos1 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:47 pm

nik0ns wrote:hello...
i just finish installed linux mint to my system..but ive problem with video resolution..
im using 22' monitor with ATI radeon 3870, and i install the ATI driver using Envy...do i need to install the driver with other method in order to get an excellent video resolution?? :?:

Are you stating that you are not able to get the native resolution for your monitor? I am not sure what you mean by excellent resolution. If you are you can try installing your ATI driver with the Hardware Drivers in the Admin menu. This is the method I use and I am always able to get the correct resolution for my Monitor. I have a 20" Wide screen monitor and am using ATI Radeon 9600SE video card/AGP.
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8

Re: poor video resolution

Postby nik0ns on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:21 am

i already installed the driver using envy and my current resolution is 1680x1050...but ive the problem when using totem in full screen mode,the video is not sharp, but it's ok when not in full screen mode
nik0ns
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs