PLEASE HELP - I keep making way too many coasters

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hexter
Level 1
Level 1

PLEASE HELP - I keep making way too many coasters

Post by hexter »

Hello,

Since installing Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon I have serious problems making DVDs. All too often the DVD will have no sound and sometimes be very choppy. I'm using DeVeDe on a ThinkPad X120e and a Pioneer DVR-XD10 DVD/CD writer. I need to make simple DVDs. Usually without menus. Other times with a simple menu that will play multiple videos.

I'm sick and tired of wasting time and disks to make DVDs that don't work. This didn't happen when I used Xubuntu prior to installing Mint so I know it's not the hardware. How do I diagnose and fix this problem. Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
George: If we should step on a mine sir, what should we do?
Edmund: Well, the normal procedure is to leap 200 feet into the air and scatter oneself over a large area.
DaveV

Re: PLEASE HELP - I keep making way too many coasters

Post by DaveV »

Use dvd-rw until you get it right
wayne128

Re: PLEASE HELP - I keep making way too many coasters

Post by wayne128 »

hexter wrote: I'm sick and tired of wasting time and disks to make DVDs that don't work. This didn't happen when I used Xubuntu prior to installing Mint so I know it's not the hardware. How do I diagnose and fix this problem. Thank you.

alternatively,

buy a cheap USB flash, 4G would cost about usd3-5, 8G may be usd5-8
then learn how to make bootable Linux on USB flash :mrgreen:

Return to “Sound”