My Toshiba a105-s2716 with Mint 16 Petra 32 Bit has no sound

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
redryder508

Re: My Toshiba a105-s2716 with Mint 16 Petra 32 Bit has no s

Post by redryder508 »

Also have Toshiba A105-S2716. I reinstalled XP just to make sure the sound hw still worked and it did. Then did fresh install of Mint 17 .... and like everyone else still have no sound. Only the "dummy output" for a device.

The dreded "no such file or directory from alsamixer
Satellite-A105 ~ $ alsamixer
cannot open mixer: No such file or directory

Thoughts?
/jon
ngali86

Post by ngali86 »

Hey just bringing the flash newsss...... installed linux mint 17 just from scratch as I promissed .....thats to say, deleted everything, clean installation......and still....same problem, nothing has been fixed for this bug or whatever it is.

So...any advice is still wanted!...will check as often as I can...please, still not losing hope!!...hanging on in there till the end of it!!...which I know exists...

Bye
ngali86

Post by ngali86 »

Hey,
Since you are also in the same situation as I am, if you happen to know how to fix this can you please post the answer???...I will do so too. Have you tried everything I said that I did?? Have you tried something else?...anything can be the clue....

thanks in advanced!

Nicolas

redryder508 wrote:Also have Toshiba A105-S2716. I reinstalled XP just to make sure the sound hw still worked and it did. Then did fresh install of Mint 17 .... and like everyone else still have no sound. Only the "dummy output" for a device.

The dreded "no such file or directory from alsamixer
Satellite-A105 ~ $ alsamixer
cannot open mixer: No such file or directory

Thoughts?
/jon
redryder508

Post by redryder508 »

Should I ask in the hw forums on how to get the sound working? I've found a lot of posts where people are asking about the same hw device, but no answers.

yes I do know I can go back to Win 7, but I was hopeing I'd get to keep the perfomance boost from Mint.

Return to “Sound”