Problem with mbrola

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
luke8800gt

Problem with mbrola

Post by luke8800gt »

Hallo,

I hope i am writing in the right section... I am trying to get the TTS on my Mint working, but i am stucked... when i let the computer read a text (for exampe in Gespeak), it doesnt work. I recognised that under options there is no Language/Voice selected. So I installed some languages, but allthougt in specified directory you can find the speech file, you cant open it with Gespeak :/ So i searched the web for a solution tried different, even to change the path inside EspeakFrontend.py, but none worked for me :(

Had someone the same problem, how did you fix it?

regards luke
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linchen

Re: Problem with mbrola

Post by Linchen »

Gespeaker looks for voices in two steps. Only in the second step gespeaker looks to usr/share/mbrola for voices.
The problem was, in my case, the first step. I replaced line 179 of EspeakFrontend.py: /usr/share/espeak-data -> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/espeak-data and it worked. (You can also try /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/espeak-data.)

Return to “Sound”