Front panel speaker/mic

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tcamp17
Level 1
Level 1

Front panel speaker/mic

Post by tcamp17 »

Can someone help me get the front panel speaker conection to work? Onboard card HDA Nvidia-- chip VIA VT1705
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
goinglinux
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Front panel speaker/mic

Post by goinglinux »

First thing to check is that the sound card for the speakers is the default.

1. Locate the volume icon in the panel. (system tray)
2. Click the volume icon and select Sound Settings from the menu.
3. Depending on your version of Mint, the dialog box that appears will have either a selection for "Sound Card" or will present a tab labeled "Output" with list of output devices in a list. Ensure that whatever your front panel speaker is called, that it is selected. If not select it.
4. Make sure that the output volume is not muted (if you have one, the toggle button should be set to "On") and that volume slider is high enough that you can hear a sound.
5. If your version of Mint shows one on this page, press the "Test Sound" button to try your speakers. The sound should be played.
6. If you got the dialog box that shows an "Input" tab, ensure that your microphone is the one selected on that tab.
7. Make sure the input is not muted and that the volume slider is somewhere near 100%

If none of that works, post in a response, the results of the command:

Code: Select all

inxi -A
That will show us the names and drivers for your sound device(s).
Ubuntu MATE 18.04 64-bit · Dell XPS 13 9360 · Core i7 · 16GB RAM · 512 GB NVMe SSD
tcamp17
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Front panel speaker/mic (Solved)

Post by tcamp17 »

Thanks, I am such a putz! I forgot I was using my other hard drive with a OS I was trying out for the hell of it (Elementary) meh! It works fine in Mint 17, like pretty much everything!!
sorry for wasting your time,thanks again! lol
tcamp17
Level 1
Level 1

Re:SOLVED Front panel speaker/mic

Post by tcamp17 »

Thanks, I am such a putz! I forgot I was using my other hard drive with a OS I was trying out for the hell of it (Elementary) meh! It works fine in Mint 17, like pretty much everything!!
sorry for wasting your time,thanks again! lol

Return to “Sound”