SOLVED -- Possible sound Bug

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

SOLVED -- Possible sound Bug

Postby CutRightSharpening on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:17 am

Hi all,
That last round of updates appears to have disable the sound on my Dell Dimension B310.
Everything was fine 1 week ago and I did an update last night and I have no sound today.
Yes, before someone asks, I have checked the speakers and they do still work. I have also checked to see if I can get sound out of the speakers on my LCM-19 Monitor and no I don't. I did when I first did the Mint 15 installation, but not now.

7/1/14 OK, For me at least, for some reason a hard accidental bump of the machine during housework seems to have fixed if.
Last edited by CutRightSharpening on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to help elderly people with Old WIN XP machines & Dial-up access. Mint Cinnamon can be the answer, but they won't do terminal stuff. So I don't do terminal stuff to make sure they won't need to..
CutRightSharpening
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Possible sound Bug

Postby guerrerofran on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:48 am

Same exact issue here. I updated my Linux Mint 16 with a few recommended updates (can't recall what exactly, where could I find a log o what mint-update installs?) and now have no sound. Not on my speakers, not in my earphones. Everything worked nicely until the update, I could not say the issue appeared just after the update because I only update before going to bed and obviously I shut down my PC after that.

I looked what was on 'alsamixer' on the terminal, but evertyhting seems to be correctly configured, nothing muted.

Thanks in advance.
guerrerofran
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs