Mint freezes watching videos [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cjpa

Mint freezes watching videos [SOLVED]

Post by cjpa »

Hello!

I have recently installed the latest version of LinuxMint and I'm quite impressed with the result! It's amazing what you guys have done with it, congratulations!!

Yet, I am facing a quite annoying problem, whenever I play a video, from places like youtube and others similar, after a couple of minutes my pc just freezes...
I clicked on every combination of keys I could remember and the only thing that work is turning on and off the display, even the mouse is freezed.
One other thing I realized is that I don't have that problem watching videos from XBMC for example... I don't know if it has anything to do with the NVIDIA drivers, flash or if it has anything to do with caching the videos..
I am a bit lost here...

Can you suggest me something to find and correct this problem?

Thank you !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cjpa

Re: Mint freezes watching videos [SOLVED]

Post by cjpa »

This problem was caused by the two graphics cards (hybrid) I have in my laptop, if anyone is having the same problem, the solution is installing software to manage this.
In my case I installed Bumblebee wich "allows you to run specific programs on the discrete graphic card, inside of an X session using the integrated graphic card. Works on Nvidia Optimus cards -- by Martin Juhl".

More information can be found here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/hybrid_graphics

Thank you all and I am sorry for this post, but at the time I wasn't able to solve it.

Return to “Sound”