Followed the Guides but Resolution is Still Poor. Help?

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Followed the Guides but Resolution is Still Poor. Help?

Postby syntek709 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:13 pm

I have a 22" HD moniter with a 128MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro card. I have used EnvyNG to enable the driver and my resolution is set to 1680x1050, but the video playback is still VERY pixelated and choppy, as well as still images (minus the choppiness though, of course). I have also had concerns with the sound levels. It seems as if the music and sound effects are set at almost double the volume of the the voice. I have spent the last couple of days searching through the Mint and Ubuntu forums but most people are having issues getting the setting for resolution high enough. Mine is set to a point that should be good (1680x1050) but no luck. I'd very much appreciate any help that any of you in the community would have to offer.
Thanks.
syntek709
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Followed the Guides but Resolution is Still Poor. Help?

Postby Husse on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:03 am

It seems as if the music and sound effects are set at almost double the volume of the the voice

That's odd, not to say impossible, unless you use some DVD or similar with different sound tracks "all the way"
Please tell us when this occurs (always or only in some circumstances)
Please use a subject line that is relevant - the chances for help increases. There seems to be no problem with resolution
Again - all video playback? all images?
I see this is a new video card with sound built in - do you use the sound from the ATI card?
I'm almost beginning to suspect hardware failure if you use sound from the Radeon card
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs