Linux Mint 17 KDE With USB Sound Card

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anonymous9001

Linux Mint 17 KDE With USB Sound Card

Post by anonymous9001 »

Shortly after resolving sound card problems with my default sound card. I broke the 3.5mm jack into my lap top. Bummer. I went out and purchased myself a Virtual 5.1-surround USB 2.0 External Sound Card. The sound card lit up when I plugged it in and it seems to be detected, but I can not seem to make it the default sound device. If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Until then, I am soundless.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Linux Mint 17 KDE With USB Sound Card

Post by Midnighter »

Right-click on the volume icon at bottom-right, choose "Select master channel", your usb device will be one of the options, select it. That should render it the default. If not, then also go back to volume icon, right click and select Audio Setup, athen Audio Hardware Setup, and make sure it is the selected device there. Second step should not be necessary, but that's just in case. Hope this helps. :)
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.

Return to “Sound”