Sound issues in Elyssa

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Sound issues in Elyssa

Postby JawsThemeSwimming428 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:46 pm

I recently tried Mint (again) and I am loving Elyssa. So far everything has "just worked" more than any other distro I have tried. The only thing, so far, that isn't working is sound (and it is probably just something I didn't do). Here is the result of lspci :

00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB4x0 High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

It is just onboard sound and my motherboard is an Intel D101GGCL. Not sure what I need to do in order to get audio working. I have no sound right now. Any help for a new Mint user would be appreciated! (Just for the record, I am new to Mint, not Linux. I have been using Linux for almost 3 years. Mostly Ubuntu, Mepis, and antiX... and Arch!) Thanks.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Sound issues in Elyssa

Postby JawsThemeSwimming428 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:06 pm

OK... I changed some settings and now I have sound but it is very scratchy and distorted. I am not sure if it is the speakers, I don't think it is because they worked fine the last time I used them. I am going to get another pair tomorrow from work and see if they work. I will post back here if I need further assistance.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Sound issues in Elyssa

Postby JawsThemeSwimming428 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Got it working...it was a speaker issue, not a Mint issue!
JawsThemeSwimming428
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs