Mp3: Playing DRM files..

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hjess

Mp3: Playing DRM files..

Post by Hjess »

Hi.

Did anyony success fully played any DRM proteced files?

I've tryed with Amarok, Songbird, Xmms, mplayer ... etc etc. None success full.

I dont need to break the DRM - I just want to listen to my audio books ;-)

/~HJess
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mp3: Playing DRM files..

Post by 67GTA »

What format are they in? MP3, WMA, etc?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Hjess

Post by Hjess »

They are in WMA to make the case any worse ;-)
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I think you are out of luck. Win32codecs will let you play them if they are not DRM protected. Your best bet would be to rip them to a different format like MP3.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Hjess

Post by Hjess »

yah ..

Only trouble is I've only got *BSD, Mint and Fedora boxes at home ;-) .. no windows here ;-)

/~HJEss
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I ran across this last night while researching the subject. Maybe it will work for you
I've found a way to by pass it in linux very easy..
All you need it VLC:

vlc -vvv "$a" --sout "#transcode{acodec=mpga,ab=256,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=raw,dst=\"$dest\"}}" vlc:quit > /dev/null
where you replace $a with the encoded file and $dest with the the destination file...
That's how I've bypassed mine M4P and M4A files from iTunes. but I've to say that I didn't test it on windows.. on windows I used doubledesktop, or something like that :)

Anyway, try it out :)
Works in Ubuntu 8.04
Hjess

Post by Hjess »

67GTA wrote:I ran across this last night while researching the subject. Maybe it will work for you
I've found a way to by pass it in linux very easy..
All you need it VLC:

vlc -vvv "$a" --sout "#transcode{acodec=mpga,ab=256,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=raw,dst=\"$dest\"}}" vlc:quit > /dev/null
where you replace $a with the encoded file and $dest with the the destination file...
That's how I've bypassed mine M4P and M4A files from iTunes. but I've to say that I didn't test it on windows.. on windows I used doubledesktop, or something like that :)

Anyway, try it out :)
Works in Ubuntu 8.04
Hi 67GTA..

Tryed it - no succes.. but thanks alot for the tip!

I'm beleving the only way for me to do this after all is to install virtualbox, and get an XP iso something like that - and then convert it to somthing use full.

/~ HJess
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

You might try searching for a DRM remover for Windows and installing it with wine. Just an idea...
Hjess

Post by Hjess »

Been there done that..

Funny thing with wine - I've never had one success full experience with wine.

But at the moment Im playing around with crossover due to a free download day they had.

/~HJess

Return to “Sound”