Bluetooth Headset & Sound Servers

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
webmail1

Bluetooth Headset & Sound Servers

Post by webmail1 »

Hi, I'm a new mint-user, former ubuntu-user but not so skilled :( ...
I have serious problems with sound servers, pulse audio, alsa, or whatever...
The main problem I have is the istallation of my new bluetooth headset: I can send to the headset single .wav file, but not redirect all system sounds...Since I can hear single sounds i suppose the headset is connected, so the problem have to be the sound server.
After some unsuccessful trying with pulseaudio I decided to unistall it (i thought it was also the cause of my problems with firefox flash sounds, but now i'm not so sure), but I can't configure any other sound server, and all the howto's on how to work with alsa didn't help me:(
I think I need some walktrought on how to configure a sound-server, because the only working configuration I was able to set up is the principal audio-card on control centre/sound.
Thanks a lot,Byez
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
webmail1

Re: Bluetooth Headset & Sound Servers

Post by webmail1 »

A hint:
I have managed to reproduce a movie sending the audio on my bluetooth headset, with the command
mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth ...
so maybe the problem is not so hard to solve...
Please Help meeeee :(

Return to “Sound”