How to track down a phantom piano sound

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
apj68
Level 1
Level 1

How to track down a phantom piano sound

Post by apj68 »

HI. . . this is a bit of an odd question. My sound works fine but there is this very soft piano music that plays unbeckoned by me.

I've looked all over but cannot find anything responsible for the sound. It sounds a bit like the soft music you might hear on the menu screen of a documentary DVD but I checked and have no CDs or DVDs inserted. It seems to go in a loop but hard to be certain because the music is so quiet.

I've looked through my process list and can't find anything obvious. I could put the process list here but would rather ask: is there a way to track backwards from pulse audio or some other process in order to identify WHAT is producing the sound??

It's actually pleasant music and once I start up my own music (like Exaile or Pandora) I can't hear it anyhow, but the mystery is starting to get to me.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

-Andy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How to track down a phantom piano sound

Post by all41 »

Maybe by bluetooth??

To disable

Code: Select all

sudo service bluetooth stop
to re-enable

Code: Select all

sudo service bluetooth start
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.

Post by 1.618 »

possibly the audio file preview bug where audio files sometimes automatically preview themselves through the file browser

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=139605
apj68
Level 1
Level 1

Post by apj68 »

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to increase the volume (my volume widget doesn't appear so I have to dig down to the sound control) when I did that it stopped.

Totem audio preview was interesting possibility. If it pops up again I'll be sure to check that out.

Thanks again!

Return to “Sound”