record skype call with audacity

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
slingblade1967

record skype call with audacity

Post by slingblade1967 »

hi, I'm trying to figure out how to record both sides of skype call with audacity? i have mint 17 i have looked at forum for the jack and the pulseaudio. I still cant figure it out are if it can be done. thanks for all the help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
magic-luigi

Re: record skype call with audacity

Post by magic-luigi »

Hi!

is this what you want - skype call recorder:
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/03/automati ... order.html

Regards
Luigi
slingblade1967

Post by slingblade1967 »

I'm trying to do a podcast over skype. i have used the skype recorder but when we were talking one voice came out of right speaker and other voice out of left speaker. there a setting to make it come out of both speaker? thank you
slingblade1967

Post by slingblade1967 »

do i have to change the stereo mix setting in skype call recorder?
magic-luigi

Post by magic-luigi »

sorry - i dont use the tool...
but the faq's from the website tells us:
3. Usage notes

3.1 What’s this stereo thing? The default setting is to record in stereo mode, each side of the conversation on its own channel. This can be convenient for later editing, for example in the case of an interview. If you prefer, you can inverse the channels or choose any mix in between. For example, if you do not plan to edit the recordings, it can be more pleasant to listen to them later if you record them with a 80% / 20% mix: The left channel will contain 80% of your microphone and 20% of the other person’s microphone and the right channel the opposite. You can also record to a mono files if you prefer. The configuration for this are available in the “File format” tab of the preferences dialog.
http://atdot.ch/scr/faq/

regards Luigi

Return to “Sound”