Gstreamer?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
simplejp

Gstreamer?

Post by simplejp »

Hello,
I just installed Mint Fluxbox today, and I immediately installed exaile for my playlists of music and such. But when I tried to play a song, it gives me the message "You do not have the appropriate Gstreamer plugin installed to play this file: file:///media/XP/new folder/01 - slackers.mp3"
I was under the impression that Mint was featured with preinstalled codecs. So I went into the synaptic manager and installed the gstreamer for mp3, but still I get the error message.
So I'm wondering how exactly I get mp3 to work in Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Gstreamer?

Post by Husse »

The problem may be here
/01 - slackers.mp3
While it is possible th have spaces in file names some applications may interpret the space as the end of the name
saltyp
Level 1
Level 1

Post by saltyp »

Do you have system sounds from your PC speakers? Does the speaker icon (lower right) have a red x? I'm not trying to be smart, just trying to help. If you have sytem sounds and no "red x" try installing vlc from the software portal. It would appear from your post that you are trying to play a media file from the network. VLC excells at this. Try copying the file to a local folder an playing it.
Husse..you have 10826 posts? OMFG...
if it aint broken....dont let me near it
Husse

Post by Husse »

Husse..you have 10826 posts? OMFG...
Do you think the forum counts me up? :)
Yes an average of between 20 and 25 a day

Return to “Sound”