FF Multi Converter .mp4 conversions not playing in VLC

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Veerstryngh Thynner

FF Multi Converter .mp4 conversions not playing in VLC

Post by Veerstryngh Thynner »

Hello all,

Below is what my brand new FF Multi Converter (version 1.6.0) looks like:
FF Multi Converter_055.png
I just attempted to convert .mpg to .mp4. That seemed to work like a dream: format selected, output folder selected, hit 'Convert' - and Bob's your uncle. In seconds. Or so it seems - since VLC now refuses to play my newly minted (pun accidental) .mp4 files.

What to do next? Where might the fault be? No idea as to whether that's in FFMC or VLC.

Can anybody help?

Veerstryngh Thynner
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: FF Multi Converter .mp4 conversions not playing in VLC

Post by Hoser Rob »

Open one of those files with mediainfo in text mode. Copy & paste the results here. That should tell you what's in the file.

The package name for that is mediainfo-gui if you don't have it.

I don't think that encoder is in the repos. Never tried it myself. Do they have support? How did you install it? You may have the wrong ffmpeg library.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
DanielR
Level 4
Level 4

Post by DanielR »

After having had little success with FF Multi Converter myself, I installed Handbrake and that did the conversion (mostly .flv to .mp4) without problems.
Veerstryngh Thynner

Post by Veerstryngh Thynner »

Hello all,

Just installed mediainfo-gui. Tried out one file recently compressed. But all mediainfo returned was '0 bytes'...

Veerstryngh Thynner

Return to “Sound”