I can't seem to get music file to play off of allmusic.com
I have Media Player Connectivity installed in Firefox, but it doesn't work.
How do I solve this problem?
When I click on an audio sample in Firefox, it opens a blank page. What do I do?
We are aware of an issue that occurs when Firefox tries to launch ASX audio samples using the default Windows Media Player plug-in. Firefox appears to "white-out" the page you were on as it launches the audio file. This is an issue with how Firefox handles the Windows Media Player plug-in with ASX files, which first surfaced in the release of Firefox 1.5. We hope that this issue will be resolved someday, but until it is, here is a fix. In Firefox;
1. open the "Tools" menu
2. click on "Options..."
3. click on "Downloads"
4. click on the "View & Edit Actions" button
5. click on the field header labeled "Extensions" (to order the list by extension)
6. scroll down and click on the entry for "ASX"
7. click on the "Change Action" button
8. select the top radio button labeled "Open them with the default application"
Repeat steps 6-8 for every instance of the ASX extension in the list. When you are done, click "Close" then click "OK" in the options window. Allmusic audio samples should now play properly in Windows Media Player, without "whiting-out" the page.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests