strange sound problem.

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

strange sound problem.

Postby tihon on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:49 am

Hello, I've got a strange sound problem. It is strange because I can't use any sound player (f.e. Amarok) it hangs when I select the music file and push the play button. But sound works good, when i log in.
Reloading alsa brings nothing. But alsa force-reload solve the problem. (till reboot)
it also says:
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/tihon/.gvfs
Output information may be incomplete.
Terminating processes: 5679 5816lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/tihon/.gvfs
Output information may be incomplete.
(the same Warning twise)
gnome-sound-properties dissapeared from mint menu, but when I launch them from terminal says:
"an error occured while loading or saving configuration for gnome-sound-properties. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly."
And warning: Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'. And this with autodetect: "audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink: Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument"
It is not the kernel because I use different, and these problems occured first time, as I used Debian for a year with a half and U8.10 for a month. And mint6 (before I reinstall it) had no sound problems. I really don't want to do it again.
Please don't advise to use script for force-reloading alsa.
Need your help.
use Linux and be happy!
tihon
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: strange sound problem.

Postby tihon on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 am

forgot to say, that in Volume Control in 'devises' there are only 3 available. HDA Intel (alsa),C-media (OSS) and capture. After alsa force-reload capture dissapears. (but still microphone and sound recording works).
And I remember, that before sound problems start I have more device selection (about 5).
use Linux and be happy!
tihon
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs