strange sound problem.

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

strange sound problem.

Postby tihon on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:49 am

Hello, I've got a strange sound problem. It is strange because I can't use any sound player (f.e. Amarok) it hangs when I select the music file and push the play button. But sound works good, when i log in.
Reloading alsa brings nothing. But alsa force-reload solve the problem. (till reboot)
it also says:
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/tihon/.gvfs
Output information may be incomplete.
Terminating processes: 5679 5816lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/tihon/.gvfs
Output information may be incomplete.
(the same Warning twise)
gnome-sound-properties dissapeared from mint menu, but when I launch them from terminal says:
"an error occured while loading or saving configuration for gnome-sound-properties. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly."
And warning: Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'. And this with autodetect: "audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink: Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument"
It is not the kernel because I use different, and these problems occured first time, as I used Debian for a year with a half and U8.10 for a month. And mint6 (before I reinstall it) had no sound problems. I really don't want to do it again.
Please don't advise to use script for force-reloading alsa.
Need your help.
use Linux and be happy!
tihon
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: strange sound problem.

Postby tihon on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 am

forgot to say, that in Volume Control in 'devises' there are only 3 available. HDA Intel (alsa),C-media (OSS) and capture. After alsa force-reload capture dissapears. (but still microphone and sound recording works).
And I remember, that before sound problems start I have more device selection (about 5).
use Linux and be happy!
tihon
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs