Totem DVD playback issues

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Totem DVD playback issues

Postby solar1951 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:49 pm

This problem has arisen recently but I cant trace it to any specific upgrades, and I only use mint update before anyone asks.
Totem the default DVD player has decided to ignore some of the GUI controls - specifically the forward and backward chapter buttons. It also ignores the input from the "ctrl+" command, such as ctrl+M for menu.
It used to work now doesn't.
I have set up vlc as the default now which works fine but would love to know why totem just wont play right anymore ! Any hints ?
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Totem DVD playback issues

Postby exploder on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Check out what updates Synaptic is showing. My guess is there is a level 3 update that will fix Totem. Use your best judgement should you upgrade any packages.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Postby solar1951 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:57 am

exploder wrote:Check out what updates Synaptic is showing. My guess is there is a level 3 update that will fix Totem. Use your best judgement should you upgrade any packages.

Hi Exploder, I have level 3 activated in mint update, so its not that.
Also for information I have a ubuntu studio 8.04 box and totem shows the same problems as on the mint elyssa box. Strange ??? I have searched ubuntu forums but no posts about this issue.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Postby exploder on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:13 am

Also for information I have a ubuntu studio 8.04 box and totem shows the same problems as on the mint elyssa box. Strange ???

That is odd... Well, I wonder if there is something in the medibuntu repo that might hold an answer? I have not seen the problem you are describing myself. Have you tried removing and reinstalling Totem? Just trying to think of a way to fix this.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Postby solar1951 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:20 am

I have tried to roll back to a previous version with no effect - I currently have 2.22.1-0ubuntu3 and have tried rolling back to 2.22.1-ubuntu2.
Thanks for your interest exploder, it must be early morning where you are, get some sleep !
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs