No sound in flash player

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

No sound in flash player

Postby fractal on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi everybody,

I installed Mint 6 Kde CE a few days ago and so far everything is working well, except for sound in flash player. I tried it with numerous pages, the video was always fine but no sound while the sound is fine for music and films (using vlc, dragon and amarok).
I've reinstalled the flashplayer 10 from Adobes site, purged and reinstalled it via apt; followed the instructions in the sticky tutorial but still no sound. A couple Firefox and system restarts came in between the tries.
As i havent found anyone with a similar problem here I decided to start a new thread on this and hope someone can help me; I've used linux before but I don't really get the sound architecture. The configuration on the sound system wasn't changed; I can see I'm running Alsa on a Asus Xonar card and at least the kde apps work via Phonon and the default xine backend. If you need more info just ask.
Thanks in advance

Thomas
fractal
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: No sound in flash player

Postby fractal on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:06 pm

Okay nevermind that :)
I just figured it out myself. For some reason i didn't have the pulseaudio installed Firefox was trying to use. I manually installed it, got it to autostart before kde and voila - after a restart of kde it was working.
Thanks anyways to anyone contributing to this fine distro.
fractal
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs