More Flash Questions

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

More Flash Questions

Postby Slidewinder on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:09 pm

I've searched the boards and I'm well aware of the common flash problems, but mine seems to be a bit different.
Fluxbox CE, but I had the some problem w/ Gnome
I'm running a Lenovo Ideapad S10, so fairly low power, on board video.

Flash videos on some sites are choppy. Never drops out, just sticky, audio is the same.
For example, video clips you might find at MLB.com, or Nascar.com, when watched in the standard size in the browser window. The real surprise is that the video plays very smoothly when watched "full screen".
I do not have this issue on the Youtube site. Maybe someone smarter than me could look at the code of those two sites and determine a difference in the flash content.

I've already done an install of the flashplugin-nonfree, but I've also tried the adobe-flashplugin and had the same results. I'm using Synaptic.
I thought it could be hardware, but the fact that it plays better in full-screen makes me doubt that.

from lspci
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940 GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

I'm pretty much a newbie, been playing around with mint for 6 months or so. Go easy on me.
I need to have my baseball video clips!!!
Last edited by Slidewinder on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slidewinder
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: More Flash Questions

Postby Husse on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 am

I've seen some reports on the 945GME but right now I don't find the topic I'm looking for.
You might benefit from a newer Intel driver, but see my signature
If you only have the problem that you must watch some flash content in full screen I'm afraid trying to solve it may cause bigger problems

Edited a typo / Husse
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: More Flash Questions

Postby wburke20 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:46 pm

I have 3 computers networked in my house. Each is running Mint 6. My flash problem is that I get a note that says that a script in a movie running on the page is slowing down Adobe Flash 10 and could cause my computer to become unresponsive. It then asks if I want to abort the script. I say yes, and the note goes away and I won't see it usually until I restart Firefox. Each of my computers has shown me this note. It is a slight annoyance in an otherwise great Minty experience. Has this been a problem for anyone else?
wburke20
Linux: The Quiet Revolution
wburke20
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs