errors when burning iso's to rewritable discs

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrHu

Re: errors when burning iso's to rewritable discs

Post by DrHu »

greenmtrhrifty wrote:Hence it is in an endless loop and I am unable to get a good installation disc. I do not have any problems if I use a CDR or DVDR.
Make absolutely no sense
--except for possible media issues (brands you use), can be specific to rw even if it is the same brand as ro CDs', suggest try a different brand of cdrw, you can often get them as single disks when purchasing..

And you have made sure that the cdrw disk media is big enough for the Linux mint *.iso file, that is the media is the 700mb type
--not the original cd size of 650mb
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Try turning off all of the plugins in Brasero and see if that resolves the issue. I had problems with errors if the plugins were enabled.
subslug
Level 3
Level 3

Post by subslug »

I've tried blanking two dvd-rw discs and both times the discs are left in an un-readable state no matter what pc I load them up in.

Matter of fact I had to re-start Mint both times just to get the discs to eject. I was able to overwrite another dvd-rw with another iso but, the resulting disk wouldn't boot so, not much luck here either.

Return to “Sound”