What's the secret with Banshee and Last.fm?

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

What's the secret with Banshee and Last.fm?

Postby Copa360 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:14 pm

I've never really used Last.fm before, but since it's built-in to Banshee and RhythmBox, I figured I'd give it a try. I created an account and set it up in both players. It works in RB, but in Banshee (which seem to work a little better on my system), it logs in, selects some songs, but when I try to play them the green arrow shows up for a second or two and then changes to an "x", and that's it. Is there some configuration setting I may be overlooking?
Copa360
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: What's the secret with Banshee and Last.fm?

Postby DrHu on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:40 am

Last edited by DrHu on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Postby atlef on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:41 am

This happens to me as well. Do not know what is wrong as both RhythmBox and the Last.fm player works just fine. This only happened a few days ago, so some thing has changed.
Will continue searching for a solution, and will post it as soon as I find the answer.
But if someone beats me to it, please post here, as I have found Banshee to be a great player and want to continue to use it.

atlef.
atlef
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Copa360 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:58 am

Okay, since I posted my original post, I had something else happen. I was listening to last.fm in RhythmBox for a little while and decided to check my memory usage. To my surprise, I see my total memory usage constantly increasing. It was around 300MB... I watched it grow until it got over 500 MB. The only other thing open was Firefox. I closed it... Didn't stop it. I closed RB... Didn't stop it. Odd thing, the rhythmbox process didn't stop. It changed to a status of "Zombie" and I could not kill it. Meanwhile, the memory usage kept going up so I finally rebooted. This has never happened before and has not happened since, but I have not tried last since then.
Copa360
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs