flsh plug-in issues with playing .swf files

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mzsade
Level 5
Level 5

flsh plug-in issues with playing .swf files

Post by mzsade »

Hi, i have downloaded a lot of Neal Hirsig's Blender video tutorials which are .swf files. I have also installed the latest firefox-3.5. (Presently dual-booting with Jaunty and Intrepid). I can play the files on firefox, but the video stutters and the audio turns off every now and then. I have to then click on that progress button a few time to get any sound again. The sound quality is also very poor. I did some searching and have come to understand that these are flash plug-in related problems. My point is, since i am about to install Gloria in place of Intrepid, can i hope to have better luck with these files? And is there a fix for this problem in Gloria?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux User #481272 Reg: 15th Sept., 2008
DrHu

Re: flsh plug-in issues with playing .swf files

Post by DrHu »

mzsade wrote:I can play the files on firefox, but the video stutters and the audio turns off every now and then. I have to then click on that progress button a few time to get any sound again. The sound quality is also very poor. I did some searching and have come to understand that these are flash plug-in related problems.
More context, harware specs of system
In terminal
  • inxi -G
    Graphics: Card nVidia NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT] X.Org 1.6.0 Res 1280x1024@50.0hz
    GLX Renderer GeForce 6600 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! GLX Version 2.1.2 NVIDIA 180.44
    inxi -F
    --gives a shortform display of hardware, includes the video (Graphics) card in the system..
Could be, might also be a more general problem within the system..
Any videos without sound, to see if it is a video only problem..
http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/How_Firef ... to_the_Web

Might also be binary video card versions
--we can't always have the latest manufacturers versions in the repositories/packaged and ready, as soon as they are created by the manufacturer
mzsade
Level 5
Level 5

[Solved] Re: flsh plug-in issues with playing .swf files

Post by mzsade »

Yep! No such problems with Gloria, and i can even pause the video at will. That's one more point for Gloria.
Linux User #481272 Reg: 15th Sept., 2008

Return to “Sound”