Mint 8 64 bit Digital Stereo IEC958 Working?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lannatwin
Level 3
Level 3

Mint 8 64 bit Digital Stereo IEC958 Working?

Post by lannatwin »

I use Mint 7 64 bit to run my home theater machine. IEC958 output works fine with it.

I have been playing with the Mint 8 64 bit live cd. I have tried every option I can find, but haven't been able to get digital stereo IEC958 to make a sound. Is it broken in Mint 8? Should I avoid upgrading at this point, or does it work on an actual installation? Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Mint 8 64 bit Digital Stereo IEC958 Working?

Post by remoulder »

There seems to be a problem with IEC958 and there are some posts about it such as this one.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
lannatwin
Level 3
Level 3

Post by lannatwin »

Thanks Mike. I installed Mint 8 and the XFCE4 Mixer. So far, digital sound seems fine.
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

I keep reading posts about IEC958 issues in Mint 8, which is interesting as I've had the exact opposite experience. In Mint 7 it kept constantly muting itself, and I'd have to un-mute it. In Mint 8 it's been working great.

Return to “Sound”