Lag While Play 1080P & Poor Play Quality

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mfaridi

Lag While Play 1080P & Poor Play Quality

Post by mfaridi »

I use Mint8 AMD64 , I got some 1080P Videos when I play them They lag and sometimes it hang , I use movie player and smplayerand mplayer , all of them hang and play movie with lag , VLC play better than smplayer and movie player and mplayer, but it hang and has lag , sometimes ,
what I must do ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mfaridi

Re: Lag While Play 1080P & Poor Play Quality

Post by mfaridi »

There is no answer for me ?
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

You really need to provide more information before anyone can help you. Give us a listing of your hardware specifications. Have you enabled a proprietary video driver? Is there one available in "Hardware Drivers" under the "Administration" menu?
mfaridi

Post by mfaridi »

Lantesh wrote:You really need to provide more information before anyone can help you. Give us a listing of your hardware specifications. Have you enabled a proprietary video driver? Is there one available in "Hardware Drivers" under the "Administration" menu?
MY Hardware is like you , only my VGA is Nvidia 8500GT
about next section I will go to home and check it and answer in 8 housrs
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Quote from your PM
I use ASUS M2N-PLUS SLI and with 4GB of corsair DDR800 and NVIDIA Gforce 8500 and creative Sound Blaster 5.1 and three hard disk one of them is maxtor 80 GB PATA and another is 80 GB SATA and another is samsung 200GB SATA and Power 780 Watt.
I have this problem
when I plug cable power into power and press ON power of POWER , my system began start without any action , I only hear fans of CASE began ON , and nothing happen after 25 second my system OFF and I start my computer with ON button of CASE,
for first time I think problem make by power so I change it , but I have that problem again.
fans of CPU and CASE come on and I do not hear beeps and nothing happen and after seconds my system power off and after that I press power button of case and my system start working

Do you have this problem too ?
Ok in your original post you mentioned having an issue playing 1080P video, but your private message says your PC does not even turn on. I'm sorry but I'm very confused as to what your actual problem is. It seems that your native language is something other than English, and I think I'm simply having trouble trying to understand how I can help you.

Can anyone else follow this, and possibly help this person? I'm at a loss on how to do so.
mfaridi

Post by mfaridi »

Lantesh wrote:Quote from your PM
I use ASUS M2N-PLUS SLI and with 4GB of corsair DDR800 and NVIDIA Gforce 8500 and creative Sound Blaster 5.1 and three hard disk one of them is maxtor 80 GB PATA and another is 80 GB SATA and another is samsung 200GB SATA and Power 780 Watt.
I have this problem
when I plug cable power into power and press ON power of POWER , my system began start without any action , I only hear fans of CASE began ON , and nothing happen after 25 second my system OFF and I start my computer with ON button of CASE,
for first time I think problem make by power so I change it , but I have that problem again.
fans of CPU and CASE come on and I do not hear beeps and nothing happen and after seconds my system power off and after that I press power button of case and my system start working

Do you have this problem too ?
Ok in your original post you mentioned having an issue playing 1080P video, but your private message says your PC does not even turn on. I'm sorry but I'm very confused as to what your actual problem is. It seems that your native language is something other than English, and I think I'm simply having trouble trying to understand how I can help you.

Can anyone else follow this, and possibly help this person? I'm at a loss on how to do so.
NO
my original question is about Linux , but I see your hardware is like my hardware and I want understand do you have this problem or no . my private message sent for understand only.
but main questions is about linux
mfaridi

Post by mfaridi »

Lantesh wrote:You really need to provide more information before anyone can help you. Give us a listing of your hardware specifications. Have you enabled a proprietary video driver? Is there one available in "Hardware Drivers" under the "Administration" menu?
I go to home and enable nividia driver in Hardware Driver section and reset system , but after reset I see that problem dose not solve and I have that problem again , only VLC play movie better than other player
mick55

Post by mick55 »

hi

Please run this command in terminal[Menu-->Terminal]

Code: Select all

inxi -F
and then post the results here and I will try to help you.

cheers
mick
mfaridi

Post by mfaridi »

mick55 wrote:hi

Please run this command in terminal[Menu-->Terminal]

inxi -F
and then post the results here and I will try to help you.

cheers
mick
thanks
this is my inix -F

ppoe@mostafa-desktop ~/Desktop $ inxi -F
System:    Host mostafa-desktop Kernel 2.6.31-14-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Distro Linux Mint 8 Helena - x64 Edition
CPU:       Dual core AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (SMP) cache 2048 KB flags (sse3 nx lm svm) bmips 11258.1 
           Clock Speeds: (1) 2814.523 MHz (2) 2814.523 MHz
Graphics:  Card nVidia G86 [GeForce 8500 GT] X.Org 1.6.4 Res: 1920x1080@50.0hz 
           GLX Renderer GeForce 8500 GT/PCI/SSE2 GLX Version 3.0.0 NVIDIA 185.18.36 Direct Rendering Yes
Audio:     Card-1 PnP Audio Device         driver USB-Audio
           Card-2 C-Media Electronics Inc. CM6501 driver snd-usb-audio
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.20
Network:   Card-1 Atheros Atheros AR5001X+ Wireless Network Adapter driver ath5k v: 0.6.0
           Card-2 nVidia CK804 Ethernet Controller driver forcedeth at port bc00 
Disks:     HDD Total Size: 890.6GB (4.6% used) 1: /dev/sda WDC WD5000AAVS-0 500.1GB 
           2: /dev/sdb Maxtor 6Y080M0 80.0GB 3: /dev/sdc SAMSUNG SP2014N 200.0GB 
           4: /dev/sdd Maxtor 6Y080L0 82.0GB 5: /dev/sde QUANTUM FIREBALL 20.4GB 
           6: USB /dev/sdf RALLY2 8.0GB 
Partition: ID:/ size: 71G used: 38G (57%) fs: ext4 ID:swap-1 size: 3.31GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap 
Info:      Processes 149 Uptime 2 min Memory 350.8/3962.5MB Client Shell inxi 1.2.6 
ppoe@mostafa-desktop ~/Desktop $ 
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

mfaridi wrote:my original question is about Linux , but I see your hardware is like my hardware and I want understand do you have this problem or no . my private message sent for understand only.
but main questions is about linux
No I am not having video problems like you. Your hardware should support 1080P video just fine. You can try using a newer Nvidia driver like the 190.53 driver available from the following PPA.
https://launchpad.net/~nvidia-vdpau/+archive/ppa
mfaridi

Post by mfaridi »

Can this happen cause of codecs , for example I must install special codecs

Return to “Sound”