Hulu Desktop - Mint 8 x86-64

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rex333

Hulu Desktop - Mint 8 x86-64

Post by rex333 »

Hello,

I've installed 64bit Hulu Desktop for Linux ( http://www.hulu.com/labs/hulu-desktop-linux ) and I'm getting this error:

Hulu Desktop could not locate the Flash plugin.

If you already have it installed, please modify ~/.huludesktop with the correct location of libflashplayer.so.

Where is this "libflashplayer.so" file??

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rex333

Re: Hulu Desktop - Mint 8 x86-64

Post by rex333 »

Man... this is all over the place. I found so many pages on this but none of the solutions, that seem to be working for everyone else, are working for me. I found one that sums up what I've been trying to do but it's not working - http://www.brighthub.com/computing/linu ... 52864.aspx
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Assuming you didn't uninstall the default version of Flash that comes with Mint 8 x64 then all you need to do is modify one config file. Look in your home/user directory (where user is your user name) for the hidden file .huludesktop. You need to enable the viewing of hidden folders to see it - just hit control + h on your keyboard. Edit the file with gedit, and replace the contents with what I've posted here:

Code: Select all

[display]
fullscreen = TRUE
width = 915
height = 515
pos_x = 216
pos_y = 270

[remote]
lirc_device = /dev/lircd
lirc_remote_identifier = mceusb
lirc_release_suffix = _UP
lirc_repeat_threshold = 10
button_name_up = Up
button_name_down = Down
button_name_left = Left
button_name_right = Right
button_name_select = OK
button_name_menu = Home

[flash]
flash_location = /opt/mint-flashplugin-x64/libflashplayer.so

[screensaver]
suspend_script = (null)
resume_script = (null)

[version]
latest = 0.9.4
eula_version = 1
The only thing that has actually changed here is that we are telling Hulu that Flash is in a different location then were it is by default.
rex333

Post by rex333 »

That's it, thanks a million!! :D

/opt/mint-flashplugin-x64/libflashplayer.so
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

You're welcome. 8)
BuzzKiller

Post by BuzzKiller »

Lantesh wrote:Assuming you didn't uninstall the default version of Flash that comes with Mint 8 x64 then all you need to do is modify one config file. Look in your home/user directory (where user is your user name) for the hidden file .huludesktop. You need to enable the viewing of hidden folders to see it - just hit control + h on your keyboard. Edit the file with gedit, and replace the contents with what I've posted here:

Code: Select all

[display]
fullscreen = TRUE
width = 915
height = 515
pos_x = 216
pos_y = 270

[remote]
lirc_device = /dev/lircd
lirc_remote_identifier = mceusb
lirc_release_suffix = _UP
lirc_repeat_threshold = 10
button_name_up = Up
button_name_down = Down
button_name_left = Left
button_name_right = Right
button_name_select = OK
button_name_menu = Home

[flash]
flash_location = /opt/mint-flashplugin-x64/libflashplayer.so

[screensaver]
suspend_script = (null)
resume_script = (null)

[version]
latest = 0.9.4
eula_version = 1
The only thing that has actually changed here is that we are telling Hulu that Flash is in a different location then were it is by default.
Thanks, lantesh. Worked for me also. Returned the fullscreen to false after but worked in regular and fullscreen no issues.
lotharjade
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lotharjade »

How about someone actually tell Hulu to program that check for Linux Mint? It is a tiny little fix for them to do.
Have you tried turning it off and on again, then hitting it repeatedly? :/
Humpakistani

Post by Humpakistani »

yes this problem is also coming with me and i also wanted to solve it but thanks for the users of this forum who solve my problem here and now i will also try my best to install it again according to your suggestions . and also thanks of your brilliant post here
MarkMT

Post by MarkMT »

I had the same problem with a new Katya installation (upgraded from Ubuntu 11.04 if that matters), but my flash plugin was installed here: /opt/mint-flashplugin-square/libflashplayer.so

I don't really understand why Hulu doesn't know where to find this and yet Firefox evidently does. How is this meant to work in general?

Return to “Sound”