Apple Trailers In Gloria - Firefox Does This Seem Correct?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DasFox
Level 3
Level 3

Apple Trailers In Gloria - Firefox Does This Seem Correct?

Post by DasFox »

Ok I have this working in Gloria, I had to uninstall the Totem browser plugin and install the User Agent Switcher and make a string for quicktime to make it work.

I noticed this now opens Gnome Mplayer to play the streams. I guess the gecko-media player opens Gnome Mplayer?

Here's some screen shots:

Does this all seem good? I didn't think I needed to use the User Agent Switcher especially as Quicktime but I have to.

THANKS
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DasFox
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Apple Trailers In Gloria - Firefox Does This Seem Correct?

Post by DasFox »

Ok got this down better I needed to uninstall the Totem-mozila plugin and found out all you need to do is just add this string into the pref.js:

user_pref("general.useragent.override", "QuickTime/7.6.2(qtver=7.6.2;os=Windows NT 5.1Service Pack 3");

If you have even a better way PLEASE let us know,,,

THANKS
rbanavara

Re: Apple Trailers In Gloria - Firefox Does This Seem Correc

Post by rbanavara »

For me, with the gecko player (hope I have got the name correct), which uses gnome mplayer, the quick time trailers play just fine. Only the keynote presentation wont work. It opens a external gnome mplayer window, but wont play the trailer. even picking the .mov link from the source and playing it as a stream wont work. Looks like they have some validation specifically for keynotes from within the player.

Return to “Sound”