ADOBE FLASH PLAYER PROBLEM

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dansar

ADOBE FLASH PLAYER PROBLEM

Post by dansar »

I have a 8 yr old HP 750n desktop that dual boots with XP and Linux Mint at the moment. I have tried many distros and only one has programmed adobe flash right. That one is PCLinuxOS 2009.2. I believe it has an older kernel but they are upgrading to KDE 4. Adobe flash works perfectly in XP when streaming from a talk radio website but is buffering and disconnecting in all linux distros I have tried except the one mentioned above. I am not a techie in any sense of the word. Maybe some guru on this board can explain why I'm having this problem. The website is; WGR 550 sports talk radio and has a listen live link. The same problem with espn's website. Is it possible that the hardware I have would work perfect in XP but not in linux? Dan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER PROBLEM

Post by exploder »

Wow! An 8 year old machine that can run LinuxMint, you don't see that very often. Yes, PCLinuxOS uses a 2.27 kernel and older graphics drivers, that is probably why flash is working decent for you in it. You might try the Mint Fluxbox or Xfce CE Editions and see if flash works any better with your hardware. If PCLinuxOS is working well on your hardware you might want to consider staying with it on that machine. PCLinuxOS uses an older kernel and graphics drivers but they do work well and the popular applications are kept up to date. Texstar plans to continue support for the KDE 3.5.10 version of PCLinuxOS after the KDE 4 release.
dansar

Post by dansar »

Thanks for replying ! I have upgraded the ram from 256 to 1024 and the machine still works well. I know it's time for a new one but ..dang..this one still works! lol Dan
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

With the RAM upgrade things should work a lot better for you now. I tend to hang on to decent working machines too! I came across a perfectly good 6 year old computer that was going to be thrown away, it' a nice looking black tower with an early P4 in it. I figure a little cleaning, install the Fluxbox CE and it will be a nice machine for my 4 year old to learn on.

Return to “Sound”