How to install Kdenlive and qdvdauthor and ffmpeg on Mint 8

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

How to install Kdenlive and qdvdauthor and ffmpeg on Mint 8

Postby oligosha on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 am

My first post on the Linux Mint forum! Using Linux Mint 8 from main Gnome install. I've updated the installed software. I've already read the two stickies on the multimedia forum page. I would think that many other Linux Mint 8 users would also like to be able to install these multimedia software tools.

I would like to install the following multimedia software for Linux Mint 8. Can someone walk me through what I need to do? I tried what people on Ubuntu said to do, but it did not work, so I would like it if some of the Linux Mint 8 users can walk through what to do that has worked for them to install these multimedia software tools. It would be easy for me if they walk me through what to do with Synaptic Package Manager instead of the command-line. These are the multimedia software tools that I would like to install on Linux Mint 8:

kdenlive
qdvdauthor
ffmpeg
openshot
oligosha
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to install Kdenlive and qdvdauthor and ffmpeg on Mint 8

Postby tinca on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:30 am

oligosha,

your reading leads much to be desired, as the standard way to download programs that have been verified to work is always the same, and has been explained countless times.

go to the large green menu button on the left hand side of your task bar and click it

go to "package manager" on the left hand side of the next screen and click it

click the "reload button" (very important)

type in the name of the package you want and highlight it,and then click "mark for installation" and then click "install"

To install "Openshot" go to their web site and follow their links.

Best regards Keith
Case Corsair Graphite 600T White | Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK | CPU Core i7 4790K | PSU Corsair 1000w RM Fully Modular | Graphic Card Radeon R7 250 | Cooler Corsair H100i Extreme | Ram Corsair 2 x 8 gb Vengeance Pro |
tinca
Level 4
Level 4

Postby oligosha on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:34 am

tinca,

your reply leaves much to be desired. What you said does not work.

Were you able to install these applications on Linux Mint 8, or another version?

From the base Linux Mint 8 installation, I need some help to install the applications Kdenlive, QDvdauthor, and FFmpeg. It is not working, and that is why I posted. What repository would I need to add to add these applications with Synaptic Package Manager?

kdenlive:
depends: melt but it is not going to be installed
depends: ffmpeg but it is not going to be installed

melt:
depends: libmlt2 but it is not going to be installed

ffmpeg:
Depends: libavcodec52 (>=5:0.5+svn20100208) but 4:0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu2 is to be installed
Depends: libavdevice52 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libavfilter1 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libavformat52 (>=5:0.5+svn20100208) but 4:0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu2 is to be installed
Depends: libpostproc51 (>=5:0.5+svn20100208) but 4:0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu2 is to be installed
Depends: libswscale0 (>=5:0.5+svn20100208) but 4:0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu2 is to be installed
oligosha
Level 1
Level 1

Postby tinca on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:38 am

oligosha,

I have just taken the time and trouble to verify that the programs you want are available in "Package Manager" and the top three I have downloaded and installed. With Openshot simply go to their web site and follow their links. Same advice I gave you before.

I am running Gnome fully updated. See my signature for reference.

Best regards Keith
Case Corsair Graphite 600T White | Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK | CPU Core i7 4790K | PSU Corsair 1000w RM Fully Modular | Graphic Card Radeon R7 250 | Cooler Corsair H100i Extreme | Ram Corsair 2 x 8 gb Vengeance Pro |
tinca
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs