Xfmedia segmentation fault

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fredbird67

Xfmedia segmentation fault

Post by fredbird67 »

Having decided to switch from GNOME to Xfce for my desktop, I installed the mint-meta-xfce package. All went perfectly there, although it took me a minute to figure out how to figure out hot to re-enable Compiz and the wobbly windows and the like, but that's all running just hunky-dory, too.

I also downloaded a couple of native Xfce media programs -- Xfburn and Xfmedia. However, I'm having a little problem with Xfmedia. Whenever I try to start it, it acts like it's going to start, and then disappears. Running it via the terminal, I got a segmentation fault error -- that's all it said, was just "segmentation fault", with nothing else whatsoever to clue one in on what happened. I looking around on Google and the Ubuntu forums, I found that some people had mentioned being able to run Xfmedia as root just fine. I tried that on here too, and I could also run it as root just fine, too -- but that's not how I wanna do it, of course.

Obviously there's a permissions issue somewhere. The question, of course, is where's the file and/or directories that need to have their permissions changed. I checked a few directories that might pertain to the problem, and their permissions checked out just fine (read & write for root, read-only for everyone else). Any ideas, anyone?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Xfmedia segmentation fault

Post by remoulder »

Perhaps you'd be better off installing the xfce edition if you want to use that DE?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Sound”