Confused Rhythmbox

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NumNuts
Level 2
Level 2

Confused Rhythmbox

Post by NumNuts »

Hi,
I've ripped all my CD's (including the embarrassing ones) to .wav using Asunder. I have stored them in the Music folder in my Home directory as /Artist/Artist-Album/Number-Artist-Track.wav.

When I open Rhythmbox and scan my music all tracks and info appear under the Title column with unknown under the other track info columns. The tracks play fine, but searching for what you want is a pain.

I'm assuming its something to do with ID tags but I don't know where to start. Can anyone help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Confused Rhythmbox

Post by proxima_centauri »

I'm sure you can right-click single or multiple tracks in Rhythmbox and edit the details so it appears with the correct artist/title, etc.

There are also standalone tag editors like easytag if you want to go that route.
NumNuts
Level 2
Level 2

Post by NumNuts »

Thanks for the reply. Caught in a bit of a catch 22, Easy tag won't deal with .wav files and the various file converters I've tried won't covert my .wav files to anything else.

I converted them all to mp3 a few years back at a low bit rate, hence redoing them, and had very few problems with tags, album art etc.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Change the preferences in asunder to rip to mp3.
Soundconverter should be able to convert wav to mp3.

Return to “Sound”