Sound goes out when on specific website

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MamaMay

Sound goes out when on specific website

Post by MamaMay »

My husband is the linux guru in our house so I am basically clueless on how to fix this or what.

I am cross posting... kinda. I didn't know how to tell what type of Linux Mint I was using... sorry, I am clueless. Now that I know the type of Linux I am using it was suggested that I post here for more in depth help.

The issue I am having is that a website I frequent (http://www.ravelry.com) seems to kill the sound on the computer (problem is random, sometimes I can go all day with no issue but other times it will be just logging in... and it always happens while page is loading... so pretty sure it is this site...) and it will only come back when it gets restarted, otherwise I am playing CDs/Pandora/youtube all day long.

So here is the meat and bones of the issue:
A Search for a solution, both in the forum and on the internet - Google is your friend
Google was no help... I guess not enough knitters/crocheters are on Linux mint...
B If the problem is in a particular program it may have it's own home page with support
Asked them about it, suggestion was to come here...
C Include the version (Gloria or Mint 7 and so on) and edition (main, KDE, XFCE, Fluxbox ...)
Linux Mint 8 Helena - Universal Edition
D If you get error message(s) please include the correct and complete error message
No message, just no sound mid song...
E Almost all problems have a hardware component - run lspci in a terminal and include. If it is a USB device also include lsusb
I am pretty sure hubby had me do this but I will need in depth how to step by step instuctions to be completely sure...
F If the problem is about a particular "device", like a sound card or a wifi card, found in lspci run lspci -vvnn and post the section for that device (that section only please - it's a very long list)
It was suggested I post here by oscer799, so I will roll with that...
G If the problem is about wifi tell us if you use ndiswrapper - Windows Wireless Drivers
I don't thing so... but what do I know.
H Tell us if you use mint4win
I don't think so... how would one check?
I For sound problems look here
So not helpful. sound works unless I go to one site and this is a desktop, not a laptop...
J Please use punctuation and line breaks when you write - this makes it much easier to read
I am assuming this has to do with coding...

I assume there will be more questions, so post them and I will get back to them...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwevej

Re: Sound goes out when on specific website

Post by kwevej »

Strange problem.
Have u tried that page in another web browser? (i.e. Opera)

Return to “Sound”