Problem with Flash plugin

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hotshot05

Problem with Flash plugin

Post by hotshot05 »

I am using Linux Mint 9 x86 Gnome.

I can't play videos from youtube or any other source which uses Flash on any browser.
It always asks me to download the latest Flash 10.1 plugin. I downloaded the .deb file from the Adobe website but whenever I try to run it, the Software Manager opens and says that "This application will conflict with the installed Flash player" and so I cant install it.

Can anyone guide me on how to get it installed?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ers1121

Re: Problem with Flash plugin

Post by ers1121 »

Go to package manager, search for adobe flash, uninstall anything there. Then download adobe 10.1. This worked for me.
jhonybush

Post by jhonybush »

When you will open the youtube at that time you have to ask to install the flash player if there is no any flash player in your system. On that you have to do right click and install the Flash player. Or you can download the latest version of the flash player from the Internet and try to install it again. I think your problem will be solved out.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

The correct package names in Package Manager are "flashplugin-nonfree" and "adobe-flashplugin". You want to remove the former and install the latter.
You can alternatively accomplish this in terminal by issuing the command:

Code: Select all

apt remove flashplugin-nonfree && apt install adobe-flashplugin
coca-cola-planet

Post by coca-cola-planet »

you can try, two things

youtube.com/html5

and http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25318

:mrgreen:

Return to “Sound”